The Startup India Yatra was launched on July 30, 2018 in Raipur, the capital city of Chattisgarh. The first boot camp saw a large number of students queue up to register themselves.
From there, the Startup India yatra van travelled to Bilaspur for the second boot camp at the Government Engineering College in Bilaspur on July 31.
In the coming days, the van will travel to several other cities of Chhattisgarh including Korba, Koria, Surguja, Jashpur, Raigarh, Balodabazar, Durg, Rajnandgaon, Balod, Dhamtari, Kanker, Kondagaon, Jagdalpur and Dantewada and hold boot camps in the Government Engineering colleges and Polytechnic Institutes.
• The startup India yatra van is equipped with facilities for individuals and startups to pitch their ideas.
• The Yatra conducts boot camps where students are taught lessons in business planning.
• The boot camps also include presentations on Startup India and Chhattisgarh Startup Policy followed by extensive ideation workshops.
• The lessons and presentations are followed by an idea pitching session to select the best ideas and Startups.
• Shortlisted business ideas get incubated in state-run incubators.
• Aspiring entrepreneurs can register at ‘startupindiahub.org.in’ to participate in the Yatra.
• Startup India Yatra has previously been held in Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh.
Startup India organises the ‘Startup India Yatra’ in one state every month to promote job creation in tier 2 and tier 3 towns and cities.
A total of 19,000 students across 40 districts have benefitted from the Yatra through the boot camps, with over 90 students receiving grants or incubation offers from the State governments.
About Startup India
• Startup India is a flagship initiative of the Government of India.
• It aims to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startups in the country that will drive sustainable economic growth and generate large scale employment opportunities.
• The Government through this initiative aims to empower Startups to grow through innovation and design.
• In order to meet the objectives of the initiative, the Union Government announced an Action Plan that addresses all aspects of the Startup ecosystem on January 16, 2016.
• Main pillars of the Action Plan include:
- Simplification and Handholding
- Funding Support and Incentives
- Industry-Academia Partnership and Incubation
• So far, the initiative has been able to gather registration of 10,999 startups, generating employment to around 1,09,869 people.