SunEdison Inc, world's largest renewable energy development company, on 16 June 2015 acquired Singapore-headquartered Continuum Wind Energy Limited for an undisclosed sum.
With the acquisition of Continuum, SunEdison added significant assets and a skilled wind development team to drive further growth in the renewable energy development platform.
SunEdison intends to place the power plants acquired from Continuum on the operational call rights list for TerraForm Global. Operation and maintenance of the wind power plants will be performed by SunEdison Services.
About Continuum Wind Energy Limited
• Started in 2009, Continuum Wind, majority owned by Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners, owns and operates 242 MW of wind power facilities in India’s Maharashtra and Gujarat states.
• The company has over 1000 MW of wind projects under development across six Indian states.
About SunEdison Inc
• SunEdison is the world's largest renewable energy development company and is transforming the way energy is generated, distributed, and owned around the globe.
• The company develops, finances, installs, owns and operates renewable power plants, delivering predictably priced electricity to its residential, commercial, government and utility customers.
• Its corporate headquarters are in the United States (US) with additional offices and technology manufacturing around the world.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: SunEdison Inc
When: 16 June 2015