Suresh Prabhu launches ‘Niryat Mitra’ mobile app
Niryat Mitra provides wide range of information required to undertake international trade from the policy provisions for export and import, applicable GST rate, available export incentives, tariff and market access requirements.
Union Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu on August 8, 2018 launched the ‘Niryat Mitra’ mobile App in New Delhi. The app has been developed by the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO), the largest exporters’ organisation of the country.
Niryat Mitra mobile app
• Niryat Mitra provides wide range of information required to undertake international trade from the policy provisions for export and import, applicable GST rate, available export incentives, tariff and market access requirements.
• The app works internally to map the ITC HS code of other countries with that of India and provides all the required data without the users bothering about the HS code of any country.
ITC (HS) codes are known as Indian Trade Clarification (ITC) and are based on Harmonised System (HS) of Coding.
• The most interesting part is that all the information is available at tariff line.
• It also makes available the export promotion programmes organised by FIEO and provides opportunity to the industry to participate in them, thus, helping and encouraging artisans, cottage, micro, small, medium enterprises to plan for exports.
• Presently, the app comes with the data of 87 countries.
• It is available on both Android and on IOS platforms.
This app will prove to be a gamechanger for the businessmen engaged in international business and will make exporters’ work easier with the wide range of features it offers ranging from knowledge about government policies, tariffs and export benefits.
Federation of Indian Export Organisations
• The Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) represents the Indian entrepreneurs’ spirit of enterprise in the global market.
• Set up in 1965, it is an apex body of the export promotion councils, commodity boards and export development authorities in India
• It provides the crucial interface between international trading community of India & the Central and State Governments, financial institutions, ports, railways and all engaged in export trade facilitation.
• It serves the interests of over 100000 exporters from every goods and services sector in the country.