Indian cricketer Suresh Raina launched Gracia Raina Foundation (GRF) on 15 May 2017, which is dedicated to creating awareness and work closely with mothers and children who require help ranging from physical and mental issues.
The announcement was made by the cricketer along with his wife Priyanka on the occasion of his daughter, Gracia Raina’s first birthday.
Speaking on the occasion, Raina stated that the organisation is something that is very personal to him and his wife and it has been very special for them to announce its launch on their daughter’s birthday. He further said that his wife has been working hard towards this and he fully supports her endeavours.
Raina also added that with this foundation they hope to shed light and help women and babies across the country.
About Gracia Raina Foundation
• The foundation aims to work towards physical wellness of mother and child by providing the mother with knowledge and information about pregnancy, child care post birth and nutritional needs to keep them physically healthy.
• It also aims to impart skills to the underprivileged mothers in order to enable them to earn a livelihood for sustainable living.
• Besides this, it also aims to provide the pregnant women with a community where they can share their problems and get guidance from when needed, thus helping them in their mental wellness.
• It also aims to empower women to make informed decisions about themselves and their children.
• The foundation believes the best way to unlock human potential is through the power of creative collaborations.
Who: Suresh Raina