The Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) on February 6, 2019 launched the 'Darwaza Band -Part 2' campaign for sustainability of the Open Defecation Free (ODF) status of villages across the country.
The campaign was launched in Mumbai in the presence of actor Amitabh Bachchan, Maharashtra’s Minister for Water Supply and Sanitation Babanrao Lonikar, Secretary of Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation Parameswaran Iyer and other dignitaries.
As per Amitabh Bachchan, “The campaign talks about how a toilet must be used by all, always and under all circumstances (har koi, har roz, hamesha).” The actor dedicated a re-adaptation of a poem of his father Late Harivansh Rai Bachchan to the Swachh Bharat Mission - “Swachh Tann, Swachh Mann, Swachh Bharat, Mera Parichay”.
Highlights of the 'Darwaza Band- Part 2' campaign
• The 'Darwaza Band- Part 2' campaign is supported by the World Bank and will be rolled out countrywide immediately after the launch.
• The campaign was produced by the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation.
• The primary focus of the campaign is on behaviour change and promoting sustainable usage of toilets, at both community and village levels.
• Three “Darwaza Band Part 2” films were launched by Amitabh Bachchan during the event. These films will be aired across various television channels over the next few weeks in various regional languages.
• There will also be radio jingles, outdoor publicity and digital campaigns aired under the campaign.
About Swachh Bharat Mission