Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), India's largest software exporter, on 18 November 2015 launched a new Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Internet of Things (IoT) in collaboration with Intel.
The CoE is located at the TCS campus in Hyderabad.
Features of the CoE for IoT
• Its focus is to integrate IoT solutions developed by TCS on Intel IoT platforms and to fast-track creation of end-to-end solutions.
• It will augment developing new use cases for various industries for global customers in manufacturing, retail, hi-tech, semiconductors, healthcare and telecom industries.
• It will enable the creation of indigenous and innovative solutions, establish a strong ecosystem of IoT, cloud computing, and a software-defined network.
• It will help in creating new business opportunities; simplify product development and help customers deal with rapid changes in technology.
• It will develop the new Intel IoT Platform reference architecture for smart and connected things to enable the development of secure and integrated smart solutions.
About Internet of Things
• It refers to a network of internet connected devices which are embedded with electronic sensors and data transmitting technologies.
• By using the Internet, the data collected by sensors in the IoT devices like cars, power systems and even as small as tooth brushes transmitted to other networked devices and data processing systems.
• The information generated by processing the data will be used by the companies and individuals to make better decisions.
• As per an estimate, there will be roughly 100 billion IoT based devices in the world by 2025, with 2 million new sensors deployed every hour.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Launched by TCS & Intel
When: 18 November 2015