The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the Central Sector Scheme Indian Leather Development Programme (ILDP) on 2 January 2014.
The Indian Leather Development Programme (ILDP) has been approved for the implementation during 12th five year plan period aiming at overall development of the leather sector.
Under Indian Leather Development Programme (ILDP), there are six sub-schemes namely
• Integrated Development of Leather Sector (IDLS),
• Human Resource Development (HRD),
• Support to Artisan (STA),
• Leather Technology Innovation and Environmental Issues (former Upgradation/installation of Infrastructure for Environmental Protection),
• Mega Leather Cluster and
• Establishment of Institutional Institutes
The six sub-schemes are proposed for continuation from the 11th Plan period for implementation under the ILDP during the 12th Plan period with the total outlay of 990.36 crore rupees.
Implementation of ILDP would provide trained manpower to the industry and assistance to overcome the constraints of infrastructure in the industry.
• The ILDP was implemented during 11th Plan period and 13 sub-schemes were implemented.
• The expenditure incurred during 11th Plan period was 669.02 crore rupees.
• The implementation of the ILDP employed around 50 thousand and supported 13 thousand artisans in different states of the country.
• 331 units have been approved for providing support for their modernization and technology upgradation.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
When: 2 January 2014