Top Current Affairs Quiz: 4 June 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Security Adviser, cricket world cup 2019 and Nipah Virus among others.
4 June 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as National Security Adviser, cricket world cup 2019 and Nipah Virus among others.
1. Which has been reappointed as National Security Adviser?
a) Rajiv Mehrishi
b) Raghuram Rajan
c) Shaktikanta Das
d) Ajit Doval
2. Which country would be playing its first match of cricket world cup 2019 on June 5, 2019?
c) New Zealand
3. Thomas Mueller posted a picture of himself on Twitter, wishing Indian cricket team captain Virat Kohli luck for World Cup 2019. Mueller is the star football player of which nation’s football team?
4. A case of Nipah Virus resurfaced in which Indian state recently?
a) West Bengal
5. Which state’s cabinet has passed a resolution to increase reservation for OBCs to 27 percent?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
6. When is World Environment Day observed?
a) June 1st
b) June 3rd
c) June 8th
d) June 5th
7. Which among the following political alliances have called off their ties temporarily?
a) BSP- SP
c) BJP-Shiv Sena
8. Which IAF aircraft has gone missing with 13 people onboard on June 3?
a) IAF AN-32
b) IAF CN-3A
c) IAF BS-45
d) IAF NU-14
1. (d) Ajit Doval
India’s National Security Adviser Ajit Doval has been reappointed to the post for another five years. Ajit Doval has also been given Cabinet Rank for contribution to national security.
2. (b) India
Team India will finally begin its ICC Cricket World Cup campaign tomorrow, June 5, against South Africa at the Rose Bowl stadium in Southampton.
3. (d) Germany
Prior to India’s opening world cup match against South Africa, Indian skipper Virat Kohli has received a special message from German Football Star Thomas Mueller wishing him luck for the cricket world cup.
4. (c) Kerala
The deadly Nipah Virus has resurfaced in Kerala, after a 23-year-old Kerala student, admitted in a private hospital in Ernakulam, was tested positive of the virus.
5. (d) Madhya Pradesh
The cabinet of Madhya Pradesh has passed a resolution to increase reservation quota for Other Backward Classes (OBC) to 27 percent from existing 14 percent.
6. (d) June 5th
The World Environment Day (WED) is celebrated annually on June 5 to encourage awareness and action for the protection of the environment. It was first observed in 1974.
7. (a) BSP- SP
BSP Chief Mayawati held a press conference on June 4, 2019, calling off her party’s alliance with Akhilesh Yadav’s Samajwadi Party (SP). She, however, clarified that the breakup was not permanent.
8. (a) IAF AN-32
The Indian Air Force (IAF) transport aircraft AN-32 that took off from Assam's Jorhat with 13 people onboard on June 03,2019 has gone missing over over hilly terrain in the Northeast.