Top Current Affairs Quiz: 5 September 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as US Open, Chidambaram judicial custody and 5th Eastern Economic Forum among others.
5 September 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as US Open, Chidambaram judicial custody and 5th Eastern Economic Forum among others.
1. India has offered how much ‘Line of Credit’ for the Russian Far East region?
a) USD 1 billion
b) USD 2 billion
c) USD 3 billion
d) USD 4 billion
2. Which tennis player created one of the major Grand Slams upsets by knocking out Roger Federer from US Open?
a) Grigor Dimitrov
b) Andy Murray
c) Dominic Thiem
d) Marin Cilic
3. Which politician was sent to Tihar Jail till September 19 by a Delhi Court?
a) Shashi Tharoor
b) P Chidambaram
c) Ratul Puri
d) Kamal Nath
4. Who was the Chief Guest of the 5th Eastern Economic Forum?
a) Vladimir Putin
b) Shinzo Abe
c) Narendra Modi
d) Xi Jinping
5. Bianca Andreescu has become the first teenager to reach US Open semi-finals in a decade. Andreescu belongs to which nation?
6. Which telecom giant has accused the US of launching cyber-attacks to infiltrate its internal information systems?
7. Who among the following has been appointed as the Indian High Commissioner in Lesotho?
a) Amrit Pal
b) Sandeep Mandal
c) Jaydeep Sarkar
d) Yogesh Kaushik
8. Which city has retained the top spot on the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index 2019?
b) New York
9. Which ministry recently announced a complete ban of plastic usage from 15 September?
a) Ministry of Food
b) Ministry of Railways
c) Ministry of Textile
d) Ministry of Agriculture
10. Which country has lifted all limits on nuclear research and development programme?
1. (a) USD 1 Billion
While addressing the Plenary Session of 5th Eastern Economic Forum in Russia on September 5, 2019, PM Narendra Modi said India will offer USD 1-billion ‘Line of Credit’ for development of the Far East region. "My government has actively engaged in East Asia as part of its 'Act East' policy," he added. He said that India wants to help Russia in every possible way.
2. (a) Grigor Dimitrov
Five-time Champion Roger Federer was knocked out of the US Open after losing to Grigor Dimitrov in the quarterfinals on September 3, 2019. Dimitrov, ranked 78th, made a dramatic fightback to defeat the third seed Federer 3-6, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 at Arthur Ashe Stadium. He will face fifth seed Russian Medvedev in the semis.
3. (b) P Chidambaram
P Chidambaram has been sent to Tihar jail till September 19, 2019. The order was given by Rouse Avenue Court in Delhi where the CBI's case against the former Finance Minister in relation to INX Media corruption case was being heard.
4. (c) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 5th Eastern Economic Forum at Vladivostok, Russia as its Chief Guest at the special invitation of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
5. (c) Canada
Canada’s Bianca Andreescu has become the first teenager to qualify for the US Open semi-finals in a decade. Andreescu defeated Belgium's Elise Mertens to qualify for the semi-finals. She will be fighting for the finals spot against twelfth seed Belinda Bencic.
6. (d) Huawei
Huawei recently accused the US government of launching cyber-attacks to infiltrate its internal information systems and disrupt its business. Huawei also accused the US of unlawfully detaining its staff and trying to coerce and entice its staff to turn against it but did not offer any evidence for the allegations.
7. (c) Jaydeep Sarkar
The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) announced that India's High Commissioner to South Africa, Jaideep Sarkar, has been concurrently accredited as the country's next High Commissioner to the Kingdom of Lesotho, with residence in Pretoria,
8. (d) Vienna
Vienna topped the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index 2019 for the second year in a row. The Economist’s index ranks 150 cities around the world, giving them a ranking across 30 factors, which is then used to created a weighted score between one and 100.
9. (a) Ministry of Food
Food and Consumer Affairs Ministry has decided to ban single-use plastic in its various departments as well as the public sector units under its administration from September 15.
10. (c ) Iran
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has ordered the removal of all limits on nuclear research and development. It is the third major step to scale down commitments to the 2015 nuclear accord with world powers.