8 March 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Forbes' Billionaires List, Nari Shakti award and International Women's Day among others.
1. Shammi, who passed away recently, belonged to which field?
2. India’s first helicopter-taxi service was launched in which city?
a) New Delhi
3. Who topped the Forbes 32nd World's Billionaires List?
a) Bill Gates
b) Warren Buffet
c) Jeff Bezos
d) Mark Zuckerberg
4. Which Indian billionaire led Indians in the Forbes 32nd World's Billionaires List?
a) Azim Premji
b) Lakshmi Mittal
c) Savitri Jindal
d) Mukesh Ambani
5. When is International Women's Day celebrated every year?
a) 7 March
b) 8 March
c) 9 March
d) 10 March
6. Which country deferred signing a Memorandum of Understanding with India to streamline the free movement of people within 16 km along the border?
7. Which city’s police has launched an all women patrolling squad?
8. Which two nations have agreed to release elderly, women, children and mentally unsound prisoners?
a) North Korea and South Korea
b) India and Pakistan
c) India and China
d) Myanmar and Bangladesh
9. Justice Gita Mittal has been chosen for the Nari Shakti award 2017. She is the acting Chief Justice of which high court?
10. Which state has proposed a pension scheme for widowers?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
11. Which state government is going to make the sale of gutka a non-bailable offence?
c) Uttar Pradesh
12. Who has been sworn in as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland?
a) Neiphiu Rio
b) Conrad K Sangma
c) Biplab Kumar Deb
d) N. Biren Singh
1. (a) Films
Shammi, the veteran Bollywood and television actress, has passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra on March 6, 2018. Fondly addressed as ‘Shammi aunty’ by Bollywood celebrities, Shammi started her film career with Malhar as a leading lady.
2. (b) Bengaluru
India’s first helicopter-taxi service has been successfully launched in Bengaluru, Karnataka which drastically reduces travel time for commuters. At present, the Heli taxi service is operating between Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) and Electronic City.
3. (c) Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos topped the World's Billionaires List for the first time with a fortune of USD 112 billion, up from USD 39.2 billion in 2017, the biggest one-year gain ever.
4. (d) Mukesh Ambani
Mukesh Ambani leads Indians in Forbes' Billionaires List with net worth of USD 40.1 billion. He secured 19th global rank on the list of 2208 billionaires worldwide. In 2017, he ranked 33 with USD 23.2 billion wealth.
5. (b) 8 March
The International Women's Day 2018 was observed across the world on March 8, 2018 with an aim to empower women in all settings, be it rural and urban, and celebrate the activists who are working constantly to assert women’s rights and realize their full potential.
6. (d) Myanmar
Myanmar on March 4, 2018 indefinitely deferred signing a Memorandum of Understanding with India to streamline the free movement of people within 16 km along the border.
7. (a) Delhi
The South District Police in Delhi launched an 'all women patrolling squad' on March 8, 2018, on the occasion of International Women’s Day. The squad named ‘Knightingale’ has been formed to ensure safety and security of women at public places.
8. (b) India and Pakistan
India and Pakistan have agreed to release elderly, women, children and mentally unsound prisoners held in each other's jails on humanitarian grounds. The proposal, which was extended by India, was approved by Pakistani Foreign Minister Khawaja Asif after consultation with all the concerned stakeholders.
9. (c) Delhi
The Acing Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, Justice Gita Mittal will be conferred the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar 2017’ by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. Mittal is the first woman from the field of law and justice to be conferred the prestigious award.
10. (b) Haryana
The Haryana government on March 7, 2018 proposed a pension scheme for widowers in the state. The Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment Krishan Kumar Bedi said the government was contemplating a pension scheme for widowers on the pattern of widow pension.
11. (d) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra government on March 7, 2018 told the Legislative Council that the sale of gutka, which is banned in the state, would be made a non-bailable offence. The government plans to enhance the punishment for the offence to three years in prison.
12. (a) Neiphiu Rio
Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) leader Neiphiu Rio was sworn in as the chief minister of Nagaland on March 8, 2018. Rio has served as the state's CM three times before this, between 2003 and 2014.