Twitter on 9 November 2016 announced that Adam Bain, its Chief Operating Officer (COO), plans to leave the company.
In August 2016, Bain had celebrated his six-year anniversary at Twitter. Over his time at the company, he helped build Twitter’s ad efforts from the ground up. He was once considered a top candidate to be the chief executive of the company before Jack Dorsey got the job.
After Bain’s decision, Twitter’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Anthony Noto will be promoted to the position of COO.
• Twitter is an online news and social networking service where users post and read short 140-character messages called tweets.
• It is based in San Francisco and has more than 25 offices around the world.
• It was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone and Evan Williams. However, the site was officially launched in July 2006.
• In 2013, it was one of the ten most-visited websites and has been described as the SMS of the Internet.
• As of March 2016, it had more than 310 million monthly active users.