The Budget 2014-15 introduced new initiatives for rural development such as Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission, Neeranchal, Start Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme and allocated finance to the existing programmes.
• Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission for integrated project based infrastructure in the rural areas.
• 500 crore rupees for Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for feeder separation to augment power supply to the rural areas.
• 14389 crore rupees provided for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna(PMGSY).
• More productive, asset creating and with linkages to agriculture and allied activities wage employment would to be provided under MGNREGA.
• Under Ajeevika, the provision of bank loan for women SHGs at 4 percent to be extended to another 100 districts.
• Initial sum of 100 crore rupees for Start Up Village Entrepreneurship Programme for encouraging rural youth to take up local entrepreneurship programs.
• Allocation for National Housing Bank increased to 8000 crore rupees to support rural housing.
• New programme Neeranchal to give impetus to watershed development in the country with an initial outlay of 2142 crores rupees.
• Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF) to be restructured to address intra-district inequalities
When: 10 July 2014