The Union Cabinet, presided by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on 3 May 2017 gave its ex-post facto approval to the signing the Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Japan on Railway Safety.
The MoC was signed in February 2017.
The MoC also provide a platform for Indian Railways to interact and share the latest development and knowledge in the railway sector.
Key highlights of the MoC:
• Track Safety
• Latest technology related to railway track safety
• Rolling stock safety
• Any other relevant railway safety matter jointly determined by both the sides within the scope of the MoC with consideration for major railway accident preventions based on the analysis of accident causes.
Cooperation under the MoC will involve:
• Dispatch of experts
• Training of core staff in Japan
• Sharing of information and best practices
• Facilitating the participation of other institutions, organization and ministries, including contribution of National Traffic Safety and Environmental Laboratory of Japan to Research Design and Standards Organisation, Ministry of Railway, Government of India (RDSO), subject to their respective national laws and regulations where appropriate and possible.
When: 3 May 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.