The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways on March 12, 2018 approved the improvement and reconstruction of road stretches in various States namely, Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Odisha, Punjab, West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Road Rehabilitation Projects in Andhra Pradesh
• The 47.655 km stretch of SH-57 between Chikkamagaluru and Bilikere will be upgraded to two lanes at a cost of about Rs 325.86 crore. The project includes 11 minor bridges and 59 culverts.
• The 50.06 km stretch of NH-150A between Huliyar to KB Cross and KB Cross to Nelligere will be transformed into two lanes at a cost of about Rs 242.61 crore. The project includes 12 minor bridges and 148 culverts.
• The 22.92 km stretch of NH-42 between Rapthadu and Bathalipalli under corridor approach will be upgraded to four lanes at a cost of about Rs 244.95 crore.
• The 39.047 km stretch of NH-326A will be converted to two lanes at a cost of about Rs 228.32 crore.
Road Rehabilitation Projects in Jammu and Kashmir
• The Jammu - Akhnoor section of National Highway 144A from 4th Tawi Bridge to Hanuman Chowk will be upgraded to four lanes under EPC mode. The project road is part of newly declared National Highway Jannu-Akhnoor-Poonch.
• The Chenani - Sudhmahadev section of National Highway 244 will be upgraded to two lanes with paved shoulders under EPC mode.
• A tunnel of 4.5 km will be built between Sudhmahadev and Goha village to operationalise the re-alignment. The length of this stretch is 16.99 kms.
Road Strengthening Projects in Odisha
• The 53.79 km stretch of NH-59 from 173/370 km to 229/400 km will be widened to two lanes at a cost of about Rs 214.23 crore.
• The 56.6 km stretch of NH-49 from 269/300 km to 328/200 km will be revamped to two lanes at a cost of about Rs 199.16 crore.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Road Rehabilitation Projects in Punjab
• The 38 km stretch of the NH-254 between Mutki and Jawahar Singh Wala will be reconstructed to two lanes under EPC mode. The project will cost about Rs 117.78 crore. Three minor bridges are proposed on the stretch.
• The National Highway between Moga and Makhu and from Harike to Khalra will be rehabilitated to two lanes at a cost of about Rs 293.64 crore.
• These Rehabilitation Projects of Punjab need no environment clearance. However, the process for forest clearance has already been initiated.
Road Rehabilitation Projects in West Bengal
• The Ministry approved the upgradation of 11.9 km stretch of NH-31 between Ghoshpukur and Bihar Mode, Bagdogra in Darjeeling district of West Bengal.
• The project will be completed in two years.
Road Rehabilitation Projects in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
• The Ministry approved the rehabilitation of 33.405 km stretch of NH-4 (old NH-223) between Nimbutala and Austin Creek in the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
• The project involves reconstruction of an existing bridge, widening of two bridges and repair of six bridges.
Who: Union Government
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.