Union Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy Minister of State (Independent Charge) Piyush Goyal on 31 March 2016 launched Vidyut PRAVAH- Electricity, Price Availability and Highlights mobile application in New Delhi. The mobile application provides highlights of the power availability in India on real time basis.
The app will empower common people to demand 24X7 power from the states and will take transparency to the next level and make state governments more accountable.
Salient Feature of Vidyut PRAVAH mobile app
• The main features include dashboard for All India summary, link for each states from All India Map and state specific pages on single click.
• It provides a wealth of information pertaining to the current demand met, shortages if any, surplus power available and the prices in the Power Exchange.
• The real time data and comparison with previous day or year data is also available.
• It is a user friendly interface which facilitates all the consumers or stakeholders in visualization of the power availability and prices at the overall country level and at States and UTs level based on the Geographical map of India.
• The information disseminated through the Application will empower the consumer, thereby leading all the stakeholders to be more responsive and efficient, bringing more economy to the country.
• The Web application can be accessed through vidyutpravah.in.
• The mobile version is available for download from the Playstore for both Android and iPhones for free.
The Vidyut PRAVAH mobile application will provide date pertaining to market price of power from power exchange, value of current all India demand in GW and all India and State shortage including peak hour and total energy shortage.
An all India Power map will showcase surplus power available at power exchange in current block, average market clearing price, current and previous day demand met at national level and previous day Peak hour Demand Shortage and Energy shortage etc. The State specific page will show the similar information of selected state.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 31 March 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.