Power Minister RK Singh launches Web Portal and App called PRAAPTI
PRAAPTI App and web portal have been developed to bring transparency in power purchase transactions between Generators and Discoms.
RK Singh, Minister of State for Power, on May 29, 2018 launched the web portal and an app namely PRAAPTI that stands for ‘Payment ratification and analysis in power procurement for bringing transparency in invoicing of generators’.
The portal ‘www.praapti.in’ has been launched for bringing transparency in payments to electricity generators.
Highlights of the PRAAPTI App and web portal
• PRAAPTI App and web portal have been developed to bring transparency in power purchase transactions between Generators and Discoms.
• The App and Web Portal will capture the Invoicing and payment data for various long term PPAs from the Generators.
• This will help the stakeholders in getting month-wise and legacy data on outstanding amounts of Discoms against power purchase.
• The app will also allow users to know the details related to the payments made by the Discoms to the power generating companies and when they were made.
• PRAAPTI will also allow the consumers to evaluate financial performance of their Discoms in terms of payments being made to the generation companies.
• The Portal would also help Discoms and Gencos to reconcile their outstanding payments.
• The portal will be updated as and when an invoice is raised by the power generator.
• The app will allow people to know the tariffs at which the power was procured by the Discoms.
Ease of making payments by DISCOMS
The PRAAPTI app and web portal will facilitate the various Generation Companies to relatively assess various State DISCOMs on ‘Ease of making payments’ and will also help make transactions in the power sector more transparent.