V P Singh Badnore on 22 August 2016 took oath as the new Governor of Punjab. He was also sworn in as the Administrator of Chandigarh Administration.
Punjab and Haryana High Court Chief Justice S J Vazifdar administered the oath of office and secrecy to Badnore at Punjab Raj Bhawan in Chandigarh.
Badnore replaced Kaptan Singh Solanki, who is the Governor of Haryana. Solanki had been holding additional charge of Punjab Governor and Administrator of Chandigarh Administration since January 2015.
Who is V P Singh Badnore?
• Badnore belongs to Bhilwara.
• He is a four-time BJP legislator in the Rajasthan assembly.
• He was an MLA from 1977 to 1980, 1985 to 1990, 1993 to 1998 and 1998 to 1999.
• During his last term as an MLA, he served as the state Irrigation minister.
• He was a member of the 13th and 14th Lok Sabha from 1999 to 2004 and from 2004 to 2009.
• He was elected to the Rajya Sabha in July 2010.
• He studied at Mayo College, Ajmer, and Administrative Staff College of India (ASCI), Hyderabad.
• He is a graduate in business management.
• He was the chairman of the special task force to rehabilitate tigers in Sariska National Park from 2005 to 2009.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: V P Singh Badnore
When: 22 August 2016