World Tuberculosis or TB Day falls every year on March 24 promoted by the World Health Organisation. It is celebrated to raise the awareness among the people, efforts to prevent it and to treat this disease.
Source: www. healthcaredailyonline.com
Various activities and events are organised by different organisations to eliminate TB disease. Over the years different themes and slogans of Global World campaigns are there like this year in 2017 the Theme is “United to end TB”. It is caused by the bacteria known as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. It can be a fatal, if not treated properly. Let us analyse more about World TB Day, how and why it is celebrated, what is TB, its precautions, symptoms, causative organism etc.
1. On which date the World Health Organization recognised to celebrate the World Tuberculosis Day?
A. 24 March
B. 24 April
C. 7 April
D. 14 November
2. Name a causal organism which is responsible for causing TB?
D. None of the above
3. What is the theme of the World TB Day 2017?
A. I am stopping TB
B. Actions for life – Towards a world free of TB
C. Gear up to end TB
D. United to end TB
4. Which of the following statement is/are correct?
(i) Dr. Robert Koch discovered a bacillus in 1882 that causes TB.
(ii) Mainly TB affects lungs.
(iii) TB is among the top 3 causes of death for women aged 15 to 44.
(iv) Symptoms of TB are fever, night sweat, weight loss etc.
A. (i) and (iii)
B. (ii) and (iv)
C. (i), (iii) and (iv)
D. (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv)
5. At which place the disease Tuberculosis was discovered?
A. The Institute of hygiene, Berlin
B. University of British Columbia
C. California Institute of technology
D. At Geneva, Switzerland
6. Tuberculosis can be separated into how many categories of progression?
7. World Health Organisation recommended a control strategy for TB known as:
B. Gene therapy
8. How does TB spread?
(i) By breathing
(ii) By coughing
Choose the correct option:
A. (i) and (ii)
B. Only (i)
C. Only (ii)
D. All of the above
9. What are the symptoms of the people suffering from latent Tuberculosis infection?
A. Have no symptoms
B. Patient feel sick
C. Spread TB bacteria to others
D. Patients have negative TB blood test.
10. Which one of the following statement is correct about TB?
(i) Person suffering from HIV are prone to cause tuberculosis.
(ii) DOTS is Directly observed treatment, short course.
(iii) In anti-tuberculosis treatment, hepatitis or liver disease is a common side effect.
(iv) Medication for TB is administered for 6 to 8 months.
A. Only (ii) is correct
B. (i) and (ii) are correct
C. (ii) and (iv) are correct
D. (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) are correct