Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was an Indian lawyer, politician, social activist, and writer who became the leader of the nationalist movement against the British rule of India. He is also called Bapu and known as the Father of the Nation.
1. Who is the author of 'Unto This Last'?
A. John Ruskin
B. Ruskin Bond
C. Hermann Kallenbach
D. Louis Fischer
2. Which of the following, according to Gandhiji, is an essential principle of satyagraha?
A. Infinite capacity for suffering
B. Non violence
D. All the three
3. Gandhiji's "The Story of My Experiments with Truth" was originally written in Gujarati. Who translated it into English?
A. Maganlal Gandhi
B. Mahadev Desai
D. Sushila Nayyar
4. Which one of the following books is the work of Gandhiji?
A. Light of India
B. Hind Swaraj
C. My Experiments with Truth
D. Both B & C
5. Identify the year in which Birla House, New Delhi, where Gandhiji very often used to stay and where he was shot dead, was turned into a government - run Gandhi museum.
6. Identify the leader who last met Gandhiji for about an hour and left him just few minutes before he was shot dead on January 30, 1948 while on his way to the prayer meeting.
A. Vallabhbhai Patel
B. Sarojini Naidu
C. Jawaharlal Nehru
D. Vinoba Bhave
7. In February 1933 Gandhiji started the publication of a weekly paper, Harijan, to promote the anti - untouchability campaign. Its first issue was out on February 11, 1933 from
8. Book ‘The Satyahrah’ was originally written in ....................
9. As per Gandhiji, what is the mean of "Swaraj"?
A. Freedom for the country
B. Freedom for the meanest of the countrymen
C. Self Government
D. Complete Independence
10. When had Gandhiji gone to London?