WhatsApp Update 2022: Check what new you can add to your group chat, here
WhatsApp and its amazing features have received a new addition. WhatsApp has released a new update following the release of a new feature that allows users to apply a blur effect to images. This new underdeveloped WhatsApp Desktop beta feature will display profile photos of group participants.
The new WhatsApp beta feature update for iOS 184.108.40.206 is still in the works. According to the blog Wabetainfo, WhatsApp intends to include such profile icons alongside message bubbles in a future update of the iOS beta app.
When receiving a message in a group, the profile photo of group members will appear, as shown in the screenshot above. If a group member does not have a profile picture or if it is not available due to privacy settings, the default profile icon will appear, tinted with the same color as the contact name. It's just a change in appearance, but it might be useful to know who sent the message right away if there are duplicate contact names or if the phone number isn't saved in the address book.
How to create a group of WhatsApp?
No, doubt WhatsApp groups are the best tool to enhance communication. The best part about groups is that you can communicate the same piece of information with many people. And the steps to create a group on WhatsApp are:
- Open WhatsApp > tap More options > New group.
- Alternatively, tap New chat > New group.
- The subject limit is 25 characters.
- You can tap Emoji to add emoji to your subject.
- You can add a group icon by tapping the Camera icon. You can choose to use your Camera, Gallery, or Search the Web to add an image. Once set, the icon will appear next to the group in the CHATS tab.
Also, other than adding people to the group directly, a group admin can invite people to join a group by sharing Group Link. The steps for the process are:
- Open the WhatsApp group chat, then tap the group subject.
- Alternatively, tap and hold the group in the CHATS tab. Then, tap More options > Group info.
- If sending through WhatsApp, search for or select contacts, then tap Send.
- To reset the link, tap Reset link > RESET LINK.
Available for WhatsApp desktop, the recent feature at the moment is under development and there seems no information regarding the launch date of the new Whatsapp feature.