Most of the students consider Social Science as the most boring subject as it does not test the understanding skills of students but learning this subject requires cramming of facts and answers. For this subject, practicing with the guess papers, sample paper and previous year question papers is imperative. It helps in getting acquainted with the trend of questions asked in the exam. Practicing mock tests also helps in keeping a check on speed and the writing skills which is an added benefit to attempt the board question paper correctly in an organized way.
Keeping in mind the importance of practice for CBSE students, we have provided here the CBSE Guess Paper for Class 10 Social Science which has been designed exclusively by subject experts as per the guidelines laid by CBSE for Board Examination 2019. This Guess Paper consists of questions picked from most important topics of CBSE class 10 Social Science.
Prominent features of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Guess Paper 2019:
- It covers the whole syllabus of CBSE class 10 Social Science.
- CBSE guess paper has been prepared following the latest examination pattern for class 10 Social Science board exam 2019.
- Appropriate and detailed answers are provided for all questions.
- Questions are based on only important topics which can be tested in board examination.
- It is designed as per the format followed in CBSE Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper 2019.
This CBSE Class 10 Social Science Guess Paper will give you a preview of the question paper which you will face in your Class 10 Board Exam 2019. So, solving this CBSE guess paper, you can formulate the right technique to attempt the board exam correctly and smoothly.
Structure of CBSE Class 10 Social Science Guess Paper 2019:
- The question paper is divided into four sections –Section A, Section B, Section C and Section D.
- The question paper has 26 questions in all.
- All questions are compulsory.
- Marks are indicated against each question.
- Questions from serial number 1 to 7 are very short answer type questions. Each question carries one mark.
- Questions from serial number 8 to 18 are 3 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
- Questions from serial number 19 to 25 are 5 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
- Question number 26 is a map question of 5 marks with two parts -26 A from History (2marks) and 26 B from Geography (3marks).
- Total Marks: 80
- Maximum Time: 3 hours
Some questions and their answers from the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Solved Guess Paper 2019 are given below:
Q. What was the major issue taken up by the liberal nationalists?
The major issue taken up by the liberal nationalists was the freedom of press. They wanted so rescue the memoirs of the French Revolution inspired them.
Q. What is meant by trade barrier?
It refers to the various restrictions which are used by the government of a country to increase or decrease foreign trade such as tax on imports.
Q. Explain any three reasons for which the multi-purpose projects and large dams have come under great scrutiny and opposition in the recent years.
Multipurpose projects and large dams have come under scrutiny because of the following reasons: (any three)
(i) Large dams affect the natural flow of rivers. This results in hampering the flow of sediments. Excessive accumulation of sediments in the reservoirs causes damage to the marine life.
(ii) The dams on the flood plains submerge the vegetation and soil leading to its gradual decomposition.
(iii) It further results in floods due to the deposition of sediments in the reservoirs.
(iv) It causes destruction of the forest areas and the displacement of tribal and local communities.
(v) It also destroys the natural surroundings and biodiversity of an area.
Q. Explain three functions of Consumer Protection Councils.
Consumer Protection Councils or Consumer Forums help consumers in the following ways:
- They create awareness among the people by writing articles and holding exhibitions to impart knowledge about consumer rights.
- They look for malpractices in the market in the process of buying and selling.
- They provide legal assistance to consumers by providing aid, legal advice and seeking legal remedy.
Download the complete guess paper form the link given below:
Download CBSE guess papers in PDF format for CBSE class 10 Social Science prepared by the team of experts at jagranjosh.com.
CBSE board guess papers will certainly help students to understand the exam pattern and score good marks in the upcoming board examination.
Also go through the CBSE Class 10 Topper’s Answer Sheet for Social Science Paper 2018 to learn the criteria followed by CBSE toppers in writing their Board Exam.
To get more of such useful articles for CBSE Class 10 Board Exam preparations, click on the following links: