In this video we will learn about the structure of the female reproductive part (pistil) of a flower.
- Pistil- female reproductive part of a flower.
- Pistil consists of three parts that are stigma, style and ovary.
- Stigma is the upper most part of female reproductive part and serves as the landing platform for the pollen grains.
- Stigma shows chemotropic movement because of the presence of sugary substance.
- The basal swollen part of the pistil is the ovary.
- The cushion like substance inside the ovarian cavity where the ovules are present is called as placenta.
Please share your feedback and suggestions for this video.