Delhi: With Delhi University Admission Season for undergraduate level programmes about to begin on 1st June, students have started making all the necessary preparations for the same. However, like every Bollywood movie, the DU admissions 2016 also have a twist in the tale this around with the admission application process being made completely online.
The move has been received with a mixed response from the students, some of whom are glad to avoid running from pillar to post to complete the admission formalities in the sweltering Delhi. Many others have complained about the Delhi University taking the admission process online as a last minute decision which had caused chaos due to no cleared defined admission policy and guidelines.
However, despite all the hype and hoopla; there is no doubt that Delhi University is one of the apex universities of the country and, therefore, will witness tremendous competition and what one may call a rat-race during the DU Admission season 2016-17. Like every year, DU has 54000 undergraduate programme seats in over 60 colleges on offer for DU Admissions 2016. A total of 16 faculties and 86 departments spread over North and South Campuses will participate in the DU Admission process this year to select best candidates from across the country.
Considering that the Delhi University has taken up the online application process for undergraduate programmes, students might need a checklist or key things to keep in mind to complete the process easily. For the benefit for aspiring DUites, we have provided these points below:
- Online Application Process: Delhi University Admissions Process will be completely online through the official website of the board i.e. du.ac.in. Students will get the information bulletin and online form link on the Delhi University website on 1st June 2016, using which they will have to apply for admission to different colleges.
- Applicable to all colleges / courses: The Delhi University 2016 application form available on official website du.ac.in will be valid for admissions to each programmes/courses offered at all colleges. However, DU is yet to clarify if minority institutions like St. Stephen's College and Jesus & Mary College will have separate admission criteria which were followed by them in the offline mode until last year. Students are advised to check this information from DU Admission Information Bulletin available on the website before completing the online application form.
- Registration for DU Admission: Before beginning the online application process, students would be required to register themselves online the official portal of Delhi University. Aspiring Delhi University candidates might be required to provide basic details like e-Mail, password and mobile number for online registrations. After registration, students will have to log into the DU admission website using their login Id and password to complete the application form.
- Uploading Softcopy or Mark sheets and Certificates: Just like in the offline mode, students will have to provide a softcopy or digitally scanned copy of their mark sheets / statements along with other relevant certificates in support of their DU application form. Based upon these documents provided by all the students, cut-offs and merit list will be prepared for the admissions. Generally, students might be asked for following documents to be uploaded along with online application form:
√ Class 10th Board Examination Certificate (original)
√ Class 10th Board Examination Marks-sheet (original)
√ Class 12th Board Examination Certificate (original / provisional)
√ Class 12th Board Examination Marks-sheet (original / provisional)
√ Transfer / Migration certificate from school/college/board
√ Scanned copy of a recent signature
√ SC / ST / PwD certificate (for reserved category students)
√ OBC (Non-creamy layer) certificate and income proof (for reserved category students)
√ Kashmiri Migrant certificate (for Kashmiri Migrant quota)
√ Educational concession certificate (for CW quota)
√ Sports / ECA distinction certificates (for sports quota)
- Application Fees: After completing the DU Application form and uploading all the necessary documents required in support of it, students will have to pay the application fees for the same. The DU Admission application fee is also to be paid online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. As per the latest update, General and OBC category students will have to pay Rs 100 as application fee whereas ST/SC/PWD category students would have to remit an application fee of Rs 50.
- Take Printout / Save Softcopy: After completing the necessary formalities, candidates should save either a softcopy or take a printout of application form and payment receipt for reference purposes. The details provided in the form can be used later on to check the status of the online application.
While, the online application process for DU Admissions might have minimized the effort on the part of the students, but still students must be very vigilant and careful about the details they submit. Once submitted, students will not be able to change or alter any details and incorrect or absence of proper information might even lead to the cancellation of application form, which may cost you a seat in your favourite DU college. Students are also advised to study the DU Admission bulletin provided on the website before filling up the application form to avoid any mistakes or problems.