- Four Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) on 23 December 2014 signed joint venture agreements to set up an integrated coal gasification-cum-fertiliser and ammonium nitrate complex in Talcher, Odisha.
- Union Cabinet on 23 December 2014 approved promulgation of an Ordinance to hike Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) cap in the insurance sector to 49 percent from 26 percent. Now President will sign the ordinance as per Article 123 of the Constitution.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 23 December 2014 extended the deadline for exchanging pre-2005 of various denominations by another six months till 30 June 2015.
- The World Trade Center India Services Council (WTCIS) and National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) on 22 December 2014 signed an agreement to promote and develop small businesses in the country.
- AirAsia flight number QZ8501 went missing with 162 people on board en route from the Indonesian city of Surabaya to Singapore on 28 December 2014.
- Union Government in the fourth week of December 2014 decided to launch Operation All Out against Bodo militants. The decision to launch the operation was taken during the meeting of Army chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh in Delhi.
- Rajan Devadas, a photojournalist whose lenses chronicled Indo-US relations from Washington DC, for more than half-a-century died on 26 December 2014. He died due to cardiac arrest at the Hebrew Home of Greater Washington in Rockville, Maryland. He was 93.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan was honoured with the Yash Chopra Memorial Award on 23 December 2014. Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao honoured him with the award.
- Koppillil Radhakrishnan, Chairman of ISRO, featured in the Top 10 List of Journal Nature. The edition of the top 10 people that mattered in science in 2014 was released on 17 December 2014.
- Union Government observed 25 December 2014 as Good Governance Day. The day was observed to celebrate the 90th birth anniversary of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The Sushaasan Express was on 25 December 2014 flagged off by the Union Ministry of Mines and Steel. The Sushaasan (good governance) Express was launched from Gwalior, the birth place of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Union Ministry of Home Affairs on 23 December 2014 set up Mathur committee to examine the possibility of constitution of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) for reinvestigation of the 1984 anti-Sikh riot cases.
- 29th National Consumers Right Day was observed across India on 24 December 2014. The day provides an opportunity to highlight the importance of the consumer movement and the need to make every consumer more aware of their rights and responsibilities.
10. Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpee and freedom fighter Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya (posthumously) will receive the Bharat Ratna. The decision to confer the highest civilian award of the country was announced by the Union Government on 24 December 2014.
- Senior IAS officer S Bhattacharya on 23 December 2014 was appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Coal India Ltd (CIL).
- Trevor Bull was on 26 December 2014 appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Aviva India Life Insurance Ltd.
- Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited (APM Terminals Pipavav) on 26 December 2014 tied-up with NYK Auto Logistics (India) Ltd to set up a dedicated Roll-on/Roll-off (Ro-Ro) automobile terminal at Pipavav port in Gujarat.
- Cipla Medpro won 173 million US dollars (2 billion-rand) order to supply Anti-Retroviral Drugs (ARD) to government of South Africa for its anti-AIDS programme for the next three years.
- E-retailing firm Snapdeal.com on 23 December 2014 launched the online Agri store offering agricultural products to the farmers. The store was launched on the occasion of National Farmer's Day.
- GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC) on 22 December 2014 tied up the finances of nearly 525 million US dollars for developing Macatan Cebu International Airport in Philippines. GMCAC is a joint venture of GMR Group and Manila-based Megawide Construction.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 22 December 2014 licensed Ford Credit India to operate as a non-banking financial company (NBFC). Ford Credit India is a subsidiary of Ford Motor Credit Company.
- Rupert Murdoch-led News Corp on 21 December 2014 acquired India's financial advisory start-up firm BigDecisions.Com for an undisclosed sum.
- Jyotsna Suri, Chairperson of Bharat Hotels, on 20 December 2014 was elected as the President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI).
- Russia successfully test-launched Angara-A5 rocket from Plesetsk in northern Russia on 23 December 2014. The rocket was designed to succeed Proton and other Soviet-era launchers. The Angara is billed as the first rocket to have been completely built after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- Russia and four other ex-Soviet nations, viz., Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan on 23 December 2014 finalised the creation of Eurasian Economic Union (EEU).
- Ukrainian Parliament, Rada, on 24 December 2014 overwhelmingly adopted a bill that enables the country to join North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). The bill was adopted by 303 to eight votes.
- China and Nepal on 23 December 2014 signed an agreement to expand the use of their currencies for border trade.
- Union Government launched Madan Mohan Malviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching on 25 December 2014. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the mission at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- The President Pranab Mukherjee on 26 December 2014 signed Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Ordinance to facilitate e-auction of coal blocks. He signed the ordinance in accordance with the Article 123 of the Constitution.
- Union Ministry of Consumers Affairs on 25 December 2014 announced to set up Grahak Suvidha Kendras in each zone of the country. The move is aimed to provide a number of services to the consumers.
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 25 December 2014 launched Mission Indradhanush to achieve full immunization coverage for all children by 2020.
- The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) on 28 December 2014 banned left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha from bowling in competitive matches. He was banned after his bowling action was found illegal.
- India won Gold in World Youth Under-16 Chess Olympiad on 22 December 2014. India won against Turkey 3.0-1.0 in the final round at the FIDE (Federation Internationale des Echecs) tournament held at Gyor, Hungary
- Shiva Keshavan on 21 December 2014 won Silver at the 17th Asian Luge Championships. He clocked 49.934 seconds to cover the 1326 metre long ice track in the men's luge competition at the Spiral Olympic Sliding Centre in Nagano, Japan.
- Sachin Tendulkar was appointed as the ambassador of Cricket World Cup 2015. The decision was announced by the International Cricket Council (ICC) on 22 December 2014.
- India on 20 December 2014 won the Men and Women title of Kabaddi World Cup 2014. This was the fifth Kabaddi World Cup. In Men, India defeated Pakistan while in women, India defeated New Zealand to win the title for the fourth consecutive time.