Students aiming for admissions to IITs this year have to appear for JEE Main 2020, which is the most competitive engineering entrance exam. As we all know that JEE Main 2020 will be conducted in the month of January. In this article we have discussed the most important points to be focused which will help you to crack JEE Main in the FIRST ATTEMPT.
Hre we have attached a video whetre we have discussed the few most importnat points from this article on which students should focused.
Tips to crack JEE Main 2020 in the first attempt –
1. Syllabus – students must be aware of the syllabus for the engineering entrance exam as the question paper is based completely on the syllabus only, so students must check latest and updated syllabus.
2. Paper pattern and marking scheme – apart from the syllabus, aspirants must know about the paper pattern of IIT JEE which mentions the type of questions, marking scheme, questions’ weightage as well as other important details of IIT JEE question paper.
3. Study Material – Suitable study material for preparation of examination is really important because of right study material for JEE preparation. The JEE preparation study material should include past year question papers, mock tests, NCERT books etc. so that the students can only prepare the questions based on syllabus and pattern of JEE main 2020.
4. Emphasis on theory – JEE paper is based on numerical as well as theory questions, however, students should focus more on the theory part because most questions are formed and asked from theoretical part of chapters. Moreover, understanding theory helps in solving numerical questions easily.
5. Understanding of basic concepts – Before, starting to solve the questions for JEE preparation, make sure you know all the relevant basic concepts. Because, if your basic concepts are not clear then you will be stuck in questions for a long time and it will waste your time. As JEE paper has limited time duration students need to work on time management and clearing basic concepts will help on improving on this part.
6. Make notes for each chapter – For every chapter of JEE syllabus, you can make handy notes during preparation so, and that it is easier to revise in last few days remaining for the exam.
7. Value for quality over quantity – Instead of taking all topics at a time, you need to take concepts from each chapter one by one. This will make your understanding better as you won’t be confused and will take less time with organised learning approach.
8. Previous year question papers – Students should practice JEE Main question papers for at least past 5 years because it will help them estimate the type of question and weightage as well for each section of the test paper.
9. Give equal importance to class 11 and class 12 subjects (syllabus) – This is no hidden fact that, JEE Main question paper is based on the syllabus of class 11 as well as class 12. The weightage ratio of JEE Main question paper is either 40:60 or 60:40 for class 11 and class 12 but the ratio can be 50:50 as well. So, students need to study from the syllabus of both classes with equal importance.
10. Rejoice your studies and preparation – Don’t take stress while preparation of JEE Main rather you should enjoy and approach the exam positively. If you take the exam as a burden or obligation than you won’t be able to put your best efforts and will be stressed about it. Stress will have a negative impact and you will be prone to anxiety attacks about JEE Main results and won’t be able to perform better.
11. Analyse and take insights of your preparation level – You must regularly do self-analysis which will help you know your strengths and weaknesses. Try to cross-check your preparation level by taking mock tests from chapters you have studied long ago; this way you’ll be able to judge if you understood the concept and whether you will be able to perform in the upcoming exam with accuracy.
12. To know your actual preparation, attempt – To improve your speed and accuracy for the upcoming JEE Main exam, you should take mock test from chapters you have studied a month ago or so for example you studied Coordination compound 1 from chemistry 2 months ago and currently you are preparing Optics from JEE Main physics syllabus, then you can take a test for chemistry Coordination compound 1. This will help you analyse, your preparation for this topic. This is an unplanned manner of preparation to cross-check your preparation.
13. Solve indefinite practice papers – Last formula for success in JEE Main exam in the first attempt is by taking/solving as many as practice papers as possible. The more you practice, the more your speed and accuracy of solving the questions improves. Also, if you are taking a computer-based test of JEE Main then you must take the online mock test as many as possible, this way you will gain experience of attempting online paper on a real-time basis.