JEE Advanced 2019 will be held on May 27, 2019 (Monday). Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, under the guidance of JAB, will conduct the national level engineering entrance exam. IIT Roorkee has released the JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card.
Steps to download JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card
To download the admit card of JEE advanced 2019 candidates will be required to enter the registration number, date of birth, email Id and mobile number in the admit card link which will be available on the website.
Check here the steps to download the JEE advanced 2019 Admit Card.
- Visit the official website jeeadv.nic.in
- Click on the JEE advanced admit card link available on the website
- Enter the login details asked for on the Admit Card link
- Download and Print the JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card
IIT Roorkee will organise the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2019 after 11 years.
About IIT Roorkee:
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee was formerly known as University of Roorkee (1949-2001) and the Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1853-1948). IIT Roorkee was the country's first engineering college established in 1847 for the civil engineers training. IIT, Roorkee is among the oldest engineering colleges of Asia.
Last time, IIT Roorke had conducted the JEE Advanced in 2008. A few important facts about the exam are stated below:
- JEE Advanced 2008 consisted of two papers – Paper 1 (246 marks) and Paper 2 (243 marks)
- Exam was conducted in offline mode where candidates had to mark their responses over the OMR sheets.
- In 2008, Maths was the toughest subject followed by Physics and Chemistry.
- Paper 2 was harder than Paper 1.
JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted in online mode or fully Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. This comes as an advantage for students as appearing in CBT mode will give them the provision of changing the responses marked, unlike in the case of OMR sheets. Moreover, with JEE Advanced 2019 going online, candidates can be absolutely sure that their answers will be evaluated with complete accuracy.
JEE Advanced 2019: Pattern of Examination
- JEE Advanced 2019 will consist of two compulsory papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Both Papers will have three sections – Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The number of questions in each paper varies every year. However, the type of questions remains more or less the same.
- Question types will be multiple choice (objective) and numerical.
- Some questions may have multiple correct options. In such questions candidate needs to mark all the right options to score full marks. If a candidate will mark only one or correct options, then he/she will be awarded partial marks.
- The exam will be available in English and Hindi languages. Candidates need to select only one language to attempt the whole paper.
JEE Advanced 2019: Important dates
The examination will be held in India and abroad, on May 27, 2019 (Monday), in the following two shifts:
- Shift 1: Paper I ( 9.00 AM to 12 Noon)
- Shift 2: Paper II (2.00 PM to 5.00 PM)
Check other important dates regarding the JEE Advanced 2019:
Events of JEE Advanced 2019
Online registration will begin on
May 3, 2019
Last date of registration
May 9, 2019
Last date of fee payment (only for registered candidates)
May 10, 2019
Admit card for JEE Advanced 2019
May 20 to 27, 2019
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam dates
May 27, 2019
Copy of candidates’ response sheet release date
May 29, 2019 by 10:00 AM
June 1, 2019 till 05:00 PM
Official Answer Key release date
June 4, 2019 by 10:00 AM
Online feedback and discrepancy received from candidates
June 4, 2019 by 10:00 AM
June 5, 2019 till 05:00 PM
June 14, 2019 by 10:00 AM
JEE Advanced 2019 is a national-level entrance exam for providing admissions in engineering or architecture programs in the top institutes of India such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs etc. It is conducted by the seven zonal IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) for admission into Bachelor’s, Integrated Masters and Dual Degree programs for all the IITs.