Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda Notification for PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2013
Here you find information on Entrance Test to be conducted in February 2013 by Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, situated in Gujarat initiated PhD Entrance Test PET Examination from 2010 onwards and since then four examinations have been conducted. The University invited applications from interested and eligible candidates for PET to be held in February 2013.
- Last date for applying online: 23 January 2013
- Date of Examination: 10 February 2013 (12 pm to 2 pm)
Educational Qualification: Master’s degree or equivalent qualification with 50% marks or equivalent grade points from a recognized University/ Institutions.
Candidates who have qualified in UGC-CSIR/NET/SET/GATE /DBT/ICMR/JRF and also possess M Phil degree are exempted from appearing in the examination.
After qualifying the examination, candidates may enrol themselves for PhD within a period of two years from the date of declaration of the result.
The structure of examination comprises of three Parts –A, B & C, of which the first two are written examinations. The written exam will be conducted via two papers in objective mode with MCQs. There will be negative marking in both papers at the rate of 25%
- Part A: General Aptitude (35 questions of two marks each)
- Part B: Discipline wise (50 questions of two marks each)
Those who qualify in the written examination by attaining 50% in each Part- A & B and aggregate of 60% will be called for Part C.
- Part C: Personality Test will be held by the concerned Department/ Faculty/ Institute.
The final selection will be made on merit basis by considering the following weightage of marks
- Part A- 35%
- Part B- 50%
- Part C- 15%
Application Fee: The application fee for General/ OBC candidates is Rs 1500 (Rs 1000 for SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). The requisite fee must be paid through DD in favour of ‘Coordinator, PET Examination, Vadodara’ drawn on any Nationalized bank payable at Vadodara.
How to Apply
- Candidates should apply online only. Read the information available on the website before filling up the form.
- Henceforth, take the printout of the online application form and attach the DD and other enclosures such as educational certificates, caste certificate, and age proof.
- The application form along with all requisite enclosures must reach the below mentioned address:
Ph D Entrance Test (PET) Agency office
The M.S. University of Baroda,Gulab Baug,
Near University Guest House,University Road, Pratapgunj
To seek further details like enrolment and detailed application process, please visit http://www.gujaratset.ac.in/msupet/index.html