The National Institute for the Visually Handicapped invited application for recruitment to different post including Adjunct Professor, Civil Engineer, Administrative Officer and more. The candidates eligible for the post can apply through prescribed format 4 November 2013.The National Institute for the Visually Handicapped is a premier Institute in the field of visual disability working under the administrative control of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India. The Institute is committed to promote rights and dignity of persons with visual impairments.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 4 November 2013
Name of the Posts:
- Adjunct Professor: 1 Post
- Civil Engineer: 1 Post
- Administrative Officer: 1 Post
- Mobility Instructor: 1 Post
- Lecturer: 4 Posts
- Information Technology and Assistive Technology Educator: 2 Posts
- Computer Instructor: 1 Post
- Braille Shorthand Instructor (Hindi): 1 Post
- Trained Graduate Teacher (English): 1 Post
- Inspector Braille Appliances: 1 Post
- Handicraft Instructor (Misc.): 1 Post
- Instructor-Medical Massage, Acupuncture and Moxa Cautery: 1 Post
Total No. of Posts: 16 Posts
- Maximum age of the candidate should be 40 years for Administrative Officer, Mobility Instructor, Lecturer and Instructor-Medical Massage, Acupuncture and Moxa Cautery.
- Maximum age of the candidate should be 35 years for Civil Engineer, Information Technology and Assistive Technology Educator, Computer Instructor and Trained Graduate Teacher (English).
- Maximum age of the candidate should be 30 years for Braille Shorthand Instructor (Hindi), Inspector Braille Appliances, Handicraft Instructor (Misc.).
- Adjunct Professor: PhD qualification(s) in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Civil Engineer: B.E. in Civil Engineering with minimum 3 years experience in the field of Civil Engineering in Govt. /Semi Govt. /Autonomous/Pvt. Organisation.
- Administrative Officer: Post Graduate in Social Science or MBA with 5 years experience in establishment or administrative matters.
- Mobility Instructor: Degree or Certificate or Diploma of training in O & M Instructors of the Visually Handicapped at a Course recognized by the Govt of India with minimum 3 years experience of imparting training in O & M.
- Lecturer: M.A. /M. Sc. With B. Ed. and Diploma in Special Education in Teaching Visually Impaired Children (Recognized by RCI) with Minimum 2 years experience of teaching the visually impaired.
- Information Technology and Assistive Technology Educator: Bachelor Degree in Arts/Commerce/Science/Law Management with minimum 50% marks and having 2 Years experience of work in the field of Computer Application for the Blind.
- Computer Instructor: Bachelor Degree with minimum 1 year Diploma in Computer applications and programming Skills including knowledge of popular screen reading softwares and hardwares for Braille printing.
- Braille Shorthand Instructor (Hindi): Bachelor’s Degree. Thorough knowledge of Bharati Braille and Hindi Braille Shorthand speed 80 w.p.m.
- Trained Graduate Teacher (English): Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% marks in concerned subject.
- Inspector Braille Appliances: Matriculation or equivalent. Trade Certificate in light Engineering with 3 yrs experience in inspection/production of various components of Braille appliances.
- Handicraft Instructor (Misc.): 10th class passed or equivalent. Diploma or certificate in candle making, Nylon and Plastic work and Soap Making.
- Instructor-Medical Massage, Acupuncture and Moxa Cautery: 12th class passed with 50% marks. Diploma in Physiotherapy of at least two years duration.
- General Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs.200/- and SC/ST and Ex-Serviceman candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- drawn in favour of the Director, NIVH, payable at Dehradun.
- Physically Handicapped candidates are exempted from fee.
- Adjunct Professor: Rs. 20,000/- only with no other allowances
- Civil Engineer: Rs. 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay 5400
- Administrative Officer: Rs. 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay 5400
- Mobility Instructor: Rs. 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay 4200
- Lecturer: Rs. 25,000/- only with no other allowances
- Information Technology and Assistive Technology Educator: Rs. 25,000/- only with no other allowances
- Computer Instructor: Rs. 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay 4200
- Braille Shorthand Instructor (Hindi): Rs. 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay 4200
- Trained Graduate Teacher (English): Rs. 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay 4200
- Inspector Braille Appliances: Rs. 5,200-20,200 + Grade Pay 2400
- Handicraft Instructor (Misc.): Rs. 5,200-20,200 + Grade Pay 2800
- Instructor-Medical Massage, Acupuncture and Moxa Cautery: Rs. 9,300-34,800 + Grade Pay 4200
How to Apply
- The interested candidates may apply on plain paper.
- The application should contain the following information on plain paper: Name of Post applied for, Name of the candidate, Father’s Name, Address, Date of Birth, Qualifications, Experience, Telephone/Mob. No., whether SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped/Ex-Serviceman and Details of Demand Draft if enclosed and any other relevant information.
- Applications along with attested copies of certificates, degrees, mark sheets, testimonials in support of qualifications, age and experience etc. should be sent to the address given below before 4 November 2013.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR THE VISUALLY HANDICAPPED
(Department of Disability Affairs,
Ministry of Social Justice& Empowerment, Govt. of India)
116 RAJPUR ROAD, DEHRADUN-248001 UTTARAKHAND