In this article you will get the clue that from where and how the questions are being framed from the chapter Periodic Classification of Elements
The experts of jagranjosh.com have full confidence that you will not miss any of the questions in the board exam as well as in competitive exams from this chapter if you will keep the following terms / question in your mind while studying
There are some sample questios given below :
1. Which of the following is not true for metalloids?
a. They are borderline elements that exhibit both metallic and non metallic properties to some extent.
b. They usually act as electron donors with non-metals and as electron acceptors with metals,
c. Some of these elements are boron, silicon and germanium.
d. They are good conductors of heat and electricity.
2. Which of the following statement (s) about the Modern Periodic Table are incorrect
i. The elements in the Modern Periodic Table are arranged on the basis of their decreasing atomic number
ii. The elements in the Modern Periodic Table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic masses
iii. Isotopes are placed in adjoining group (s) in the Periodic Table
iv. The elements in the Modern Periodic Table are arranged on the basis of their increasing atomic number
a. (i) only
b. (i), (ii) and (iii)
c. (i), (ii) and (iv)
d. (iv) only
3. Which of the following is the correct order of decreasing first ionization energy:
a. C > B > Be > Li
b. C > Be > B > Li
c. B > C > Be > Li
d. Be > Li > B > C
4. The first ionization energy of an element is 736 kJ per mole of atoms. An atom of this element in the ground state has a total of how many valence electrons?
5. Arrange the following elements in the order of their increasing nonmetallic character: Li, O, C, Be, F
a. F < O < C < Be < Li
b. Li < Be < C < O< F
c. F < O < C < Be < Li
d. F < O < Be < C < Li
6. Six elements A, B, C, D, E and F have the following atomic numbers (A = 12, B = 17, C = 18, D = 7, E = 9 and F = 11). Among these elements, the element, which belongs to the 3rd period and has the highest ionization potential, is
7. Which of the following are the characteristics of isotopes of an element?
i. Isotopes of an element have same atomic masses
ii. Isotopes of an element have same atomic number
iii. Isotopes of an element show same physical properties
iv. Isotopes of an element show same chemical properties
a. (i), (iii) and (iv)
b. (ii), (iii) and (iv)
c. (ii) and (iii)
d. (ii) and (iv)
8. Which of the following hydroxides is most basic?
d. Mg(OH) 2
9. The statement that is not true about electron affinity is
a. It causes energy to be released
b. It causes energy to be absorbed
c. It is expressed in electron volts
d. It involves formation of an anion
10. Which of the following is Dobereiner’s triad?
b. H2,N2, O2
c. Li, Na, K
d. Na, Br
Visit continuously in CBSE Section to Get SOLVED & UNSOLVED question papers, Sample papers, Practice papers and study material for the last moment And Much More
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Exam 2018: Experts suggest these mantras to score maximum marks
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Board Exam 2018: Important Resources and preparation tips
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Board Exam 2018: Last minute preparation tips
CBSE Class 12 Maths Board Exam 2018: Last minute tips to score maximum marks in the paper