In SBI PO exam problems on seating arrangement topic are frequently asked in the Logical Reasoning Section. Generally, one puzzle on seating arrangement carries around 5 questions. Candidates who are appearing in SBI PO mains exam must solve the given below puzzle to sharpen and strengthen their preparation.
Category: Circular arrangement
Directions (1 - 5): Study the following information and answer the questions given below:
Eight friends-S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z - are sitting around a circular table not necessarily in the same order. Three of them are facing outward while five are facing towards the centre. There are equal number of males and females in the group. U is facing the centre. W is sitting third to the right of U. X is sitting third to the left of W. Three persons are sitting between X and T. The immediate neighbors of T are females. Y is sitting third to the right of X. V is sitting third to the right of S. S is not an immediate neighbor of W. The immediate neighbors of W are males and are facing the centre. The immediate neighbors of V are females and face outside. The one sitting third to the left of T is a male. No female is an immediate neighbor of Y.
1. Who is sitting second to the right of W?
e) None of these
2. How many persons are sitting between Z and U when counted from the left side of Z?
e) More than four
3. Which of the following statements is true regarding Z?
a) The one who is second to the right of Z is a female.
b) Z is facing the centre.
c) Z is a male.
d) The immediate neighbours of Z are facing outside.
e) None is true
4. What is V’s position with respect to Y?
a) Third to the left.
b) Third to the right.
c) Second to the left.
d) Second to the right.
e) None of these Directions
5. If all the friends are asked to sit in an alphabetical order starting from S in an anti clockwise direction, the positions of how many will remain unchanged (excluding S) ?
Answer (d) Explanation (6 – 10)
Category: Linear arrangement
Directions (6-10) Study the following information to answer the questions.
Twelve people are sitting in two parallel rows containing 6 people each, in such a way that there is an equal distance between adjacent persons. In row-1, six girls are sitting - Priya, Leena, Ridima, Sonal, Teena, and Usha are seated and all of them are facing south. In row-2, six boys are sitting - Amit, Girish, Chetan, Dev, Ehaan and Farruk are seated and all facing north. Therefore in the given seating arrangement each member seated in a row faces another member of the outer row.
Sonal sits third to right of Leena, either Sonal or Leena sits an extreme end of line. The one who faces Leena sits second to right of Ehaan. Two people sit between Girish and Farruk. Neither Girish nor Farruk sits at an extreme end of the line. The immediate neighbour of Girish faces the person who sits third to left of Priya, Ridima and Teena are immediate neighbours of the each other. Chetan sits second to the left of Amit. Teena does not face the immediate neighbour of Dev.
6. Who amongst the following sits at the extreme ends of the rows?
a) Sonal, Dev
b) Leena, Amit
c) Usha, Farruk
d) Leena, Ehaan
e) Priya, Dev
7. Who amongst the following faces Sonal?
8. How many persons are seated between Usha and Ridima?
9. Priya is related to Amit in the same way as Sonal is related to Girish based on the given arrangement. To which of the following is Teena related to, following the same pattern?
e) Cannot be determined.
Explanation (11 -14)
Priya Usha Sonal Teena Ridima Leena
Chetan Farruk Amit Ehaan Girish Dev