The science and technology quiz asked in this section allow the students in learning about the science subject in a better manner. The quizzes here will help you in making a better understanding of this section. By answering these questions, the students can get a better knowledge of the science and technology as well as environment and ecology world. So, answer these questions to get a better knowledge of the science world.
1. NASA on 9 February 2013 announced that its Mars rover Curiosity drilled into the surface of the planet for first time. Which of the following statements is not true in context to this statement?
a) As an outcome of the drilling, the pictures were sent by Curiosity which depicted a hole of around 0.63 inches wide and 2.5 inches deep in the fine-grained sedimentary bedrock.
b) Engineers are absolutely clear whether the powder was produced in what quantity but it is enough for laboratory analysis.
c) NASA announced that using drill was the biggest achievement for the team of Curiosity ever since the rover landed on Mars in August 2012.
d) The final target of Curiosity is 3-mile- (5-km) high mound of layered sediment which rises from floor of Gale Crater landing site.
Answer: (b) Engineers are absolutely clear whether the powder was produced in what quantity but it is enough for laboratory analysis.
2. A new study using data from a pair of gravity-measuring NASA satellites found on 12 February 2013 that large parts of the arid __________ region lost freshwater reserves rapidly during the past decade. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Middle East
b) South Eastern
c) Saudi Arabia
d) North Western
Answer: (a) Middle East
3. Astronomers in the third week of February 2013 discovered six speeding stars which were racing through the space at a speed of 3.2 million kilometres per hour. The mass of these stars is equivalent to what?
c) Milky Way
Answer: (d) Sun
4. NASA scientists discovered the youngest black hole in our galaxy, Milky Way in February 2013. How far is this black hole from Earth?
a) 26000 light years away
b) 12000 light years away
c) 10000 light years away
d) 25000 light years away
Answer: (a) 26000 light years away
5. The core of Milky Way is actually cloaked in dust which makes all stars unclear from telescopes of the astronomers, except the brightest stars. But these hypervelocity stars were useful in providing a peep into _________. Fill in the blank with an appropriate option.
a) Deaths of stars in Milky Way
b) Birth of the stars in the universe
c) Deaths of the stars around the Sun
d) Formation of stars in Milky Way
Answer: (d) Formation of stars in Milky Way