Science Tech quizzes are interesting for not just the students preparing for competitive exams, but for everyone else. These quizzes can help the students in understanding about the science and technology section apart from environment and ecology. These quizzes can be very useful for the students as well as others. Therefore, answer these questions to have a better understanding of the science and environment world.
1. The Surrey Space Centre (SSC) of the University of Surrey on 26 February 2013 announced that a nano-satellite carrying a smartphone was launched successfully into space from India. What is the name of this nano-satellite?
b) Scream in Space
d) Space Flight
Answer: (a) STRaND-1
2. Six foreign micro and mini spacecrafts as well as the Indo-French oceanographic study satellite were launched successfully by ISRO's PSLV-C20 rocket on 25 February 2013 from the spaceport at Sriharikota. What is the name of the Indo-French oceanographic study satellite?
a) Polar Satellite
Answer: (c) SARAL
3. Researchers from Norway, South Africa, Britain and Germany, in the last week of February 2013 discovered a sunken and small continent beneath the Indian Ocean. What is the name of this newly found lost continent?
Answer: (b) Mauritia
4. How many satellites were launched successfully by ISRO's PSLV-C20 rocket on 25 February 2013 from the spaceport at Sriharikota?
Answer: (c) Seven
5. Which Indian state was ranked at number 32 or the worst position in the crucial environmental parameters of Environmental Performance Index (EPI) that evolved by Planning Commission?
Answer: (d) Delhi
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers March 2013, March 4-March 10
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 18-February 24
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 11-February 17
Science Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers February 2013, February 4-February 10