Here we are providing you with the sports current affairs of the December 31-January 6 which will help you in brushing up your sports knowledge. By solving these sports quizzes and you can easily prepare for the competitive examinations like IAS|PCS, Banking, MBA and SSC.
1. Which Australian pace legend was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame during the third Test between Australia and Sri Lanka starting from 4 January2013 in Sydney?
(a) Glenn McGrath
(b) Shane Warne
(c) Brett Lee
(d) Allan Border
Answer (a) Glenn McGrath
2. Name the player of Indian cricket team who 4 January 2013 was named as CEAT International Cricketer of the Year 2012
(a) Yuvraj Singh
(b) Gautam Gambhir
(c) Sachin Tendulkar
(d) Virat Kohli
Answer (d) Virat Kohli
3. Which tennis player duo claimed the ladies double final at the Brisbane International?
(a) Sania Mirza and Mahesh Bhupati
(b) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
(c) Saian Nehwal and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
(d) Sania Mirza and Serena Williams
Answer (b) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands
4. Name the tennis player who claimed the WTA Brisbane International trophy with her first ever single Brisbane International Title?
(a) Venus Williams
(b) Serena Williams
(c) Anastasia Sergeyevna Pavlyuchenkova
(d) Maria Sharapova
Answer (b) Serena Williams
5. Name the third seeded Scottish tennis player who retained his Brisbane International Tennis Title after defeating the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov on 6 January 2013.
(a) Jamie Murray
(b) Andy Murray
(c) Roger Federer
(d) Ian Collins
Answer (b) Andy Murray
Sports Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers January 2013, January 7-January 13
Sports Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers December 2012, December 24-December 30
Sports Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers December 2012, December 17-December 23
Sports Current Affairs Quiz/Questions-Answers December 2012, December 10-December 16