Staff Selection Commission invited applications for SSC Competitive Computer Based Exam 2017, for recruitment to the posts of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF in Group B and C. Government in an effort to keep the gender balance in the workplace has reserved a part of vacancies for female candidates too. The candidates eligible for the post can apply online in the prescribed format on or before 15 May 2017 (5 PM).
Advertisement No: F.No./3/2/2017-P&P-II
Last Date of Online Application: 15 May 2017 (5 PM)
Date of examination (Paper I): 30 June 2017 to 7 July 2017
Date of examination (Paper II): 8 September 2017
SSC Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector Vacancy Details:
- Sub Inspector (Delhi Police) (Male) – 616 Posts
- Sub Inspector (Delhi Police) (Female) – 256 Posts
- Sub Inspector (GD) (CAPFs)(Male) – 697 Posts
- Sub Inspector (GD) (CAPFs)(Female) – 89 Posts
- Assistant Sub Inspector (Exe) (CISF)(Male) -507 Posts
- Assistant Sub Inspector (Exe) (CISF)(Female)-56 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for SI, ASI in CAPFs and Delhi Police Posts
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience:
Sub Inspector/Assistant Sub Inspector: candidate should possess Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university. For the post of Delhi Police SI candidate should possess a valid driving license for LMV.
Required Physical Standard
170 Cms (162.5 for ST)(165 for reserved candidates)
157 Cms (154 for ST)(155 for reserved candidates)
80 (85 Expanded) (77/82 for ST candidates)
Physical Efficiency Test Parameters:
- 100 Meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 KMs Race in 6.5 Minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 Meters in 3 Chances
- High Jump: 1.2 Meters in 3 Chances
- Shot Put (16 LBS): 4.5 Meters in 3 chances
- 100 Meters race in 18 seconds
- 800 Meters Race in 4 Minutes
- Long Jump: 2.75 Meters in 3 Chances
- High Jump: 0.9 Meters in 3 Chances
Age Limit: candidate should not be between 20 to 25 years of age for Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector posts (Relaxation is allowed as per the govt. of India Norms.
Selection Process for Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector Posts
Scheme of Examination
Candidates will be subjected to the two phase objective type multiple choice examination process before the Physical Endurance test, Medical Test and Physical Standard Test as stipulated by the SSC.
Paper I: Candidates will be tested on their knowledge of General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and Awareness, quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension, weightage of each subject is 50 marks, the duration of examination will be 2 Hours.
Paper II: Candidates will be tested on their knowledge of English Language and Comprehension; there will be 200 questions of 1mark each. Duration of examination will be 2 Hours.
How to Apply for Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector Posts:
Eligible candidates can apply online through the official portal of SSC. The last date for submission of online application form is 15 May 2017 (5 PM).
Application Fee: Rs.100