Visvesvaraya Tecnological University, Belgaum invites applications in 5 (Five) sets in the prescribed format from the eligible Indian citizen for the following Teaching Posts in VTU’s Constituent College, UBDTCE, Davanagere. The eligible Indian Nationals / Origins who are residing abroad may also apply. The candidates selected will be appointed on probation for a period of two years; probationary period may be extended by the University, depend on their performance during probationary period. All the appointments shall be subject to relevant regulations of AICTE and orders of the State Government issued from time to time in the matter.
- Last Date of Submission of Application : 05 April 2014.
Details of Posts
Professor: 12 Posts
Name of Department
(i) M. Tech. in Production Engineering and System Technology
(ii) M. Tech. in Thermal Engineering and System Technology
(iii) M. Tech. in Machine Design
(iv) M. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
(v) M. Tech. in Environmental Engineering
(vi) M. Tech. in Computer Aided Design of Structure
(vii) M. Tech. in Power Systems and Power Electronics
(viii) M. Tech. in Digital Communication and Network
(xi) Department of Industrial and Production Engineering (UG)
Associate Professor: 21 Posts
Assistant Professor: 40 Posts
Educational Qualification: Qualification for the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in the different Disciplines, as applicable.
Engineering & Technology : B.E.,/B.Tech., and M.E., / M.Tech., in relevant subject with First Class or equivalent either in B.E.,/B.Tech., or M.E., / M.Tech.
MCA : B.E.,/B.Tech., and M.E., / M.Tech., in relevant subject with First Class or equivalent either in B.E.,/B.Tech., or M.E., / M.Tech. OR B.E.,/B.Tech., and MCA with First Class or equivalent in either B.E.,/B.Tech., or MCA OR MCA with first class or equivalent with two years relevant experience.
Management : First Class or equivalent in Masters Degree in Business Administration or equivalent AND 2 years relevant Experience is desirable.
- For Professor
Qualifications as above in repective discipline and Post Ph. D. publications and guiding Ph. D. students is highly desirable.
- For Associate Professor
(i) Qualifications as above in repective discipline and Ph.D. or equivalent, in appropriate discipline.
(ii) Post Ph.D. publications and guiding Ph.D. students is highly desirable.
Age Limit & Relaxation
- The maximum age limit shall be as 35 Years for General Candidates, 38 Years for OBC Candidates and 40 Years for SC/ ST/ Category – I Candidates as on the last date for the receipt of application.
- Age relaxation is admissible as applicable.
- For exceptional cases the maximum age limit shall be 50 years and relaxable maximum up to 5 years as per the State Government norms.
Pay Scale/ Emoluments
- Pay Band PB – 4 and Pay Scale of Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000/- Per Month for the post of Professor and AGP of Rs. 9,000/- Per Month for the post of Associate Professor.
- Pay Band PB – 3 and Pay Scale of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/- plus Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6,000/- Per Month for the post of Assistant Professor.
Processing Fee in the form of Demand Draft, obtained of any Nationalized Bank, for Rs. 1,000/- for all the candidates and for SC/ST/Cat-I will be Rs. 500/- only in favour of Finance Officer, Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum.
How to Apply
- Application shall be submitted by the candidate in the prescribed format along with relavent documents and demand draft should reach to The Registrar, Visvesvaraya Technological University, “Jnana Sangama” Campus, Belgaum- 590018 (Karnataka) on or before 05-04-2014 at 5.00 P. M.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF _____________________”.
- The candidates staying abroad may also download the application Form from the website www.vtu.ac.in and submit the application forms along with the relevant documents and the prescribed fee.
The short listed candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in Written Test/ Trade Test/ Practical/ Skill Test/ Interviews, which might be conducted by the administration.