The eleventh edition of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit on 16 July 2016 issued Ulaanbaatar Declaration.
The Ulaanbaatar Declaration focuses on fight against terrorism and greater connectivity among the Asia and Europe. It has reaffirmed ASEM’s commitment for greater partnership through informal political dialogue and initiatives in economic and socio-cultural fields.
Key highlights of the Ulaanbaatar Declaration
• It commits to foster greater understanding between Asia and Europe.
• It commits to broaden political dialogue, enhance economic cooperation and increase socio-cultural exchanges.
• It commits to deepen Asia-Europe inter-connectedness, shape and forge links and mutually beneficial, multi-layered cooperation for peace and development.
• It commits to create opportunities for broader people-to-people connections, including through the Asia-Europe Foundation.
• It commits to promote effective multilateralism and strengthen other multilateral processes.
About Asia-Europe Meeting Summit 2016
• The 11th Asia-Europe Meeting Summit commenced on 15 July 2016 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
• The Summit brought together high-level delegation from 51 ASEM partners and two intergovernmental organizations.
• The theme for the summit was 20 Years of ASEM: Partnership for the Future through Connectivity.
• The 11th ASEM Summit also marked the 20th Anniversary since the Asia-Europe Meeting dialogue process was inaugurated on 1-2 March 1996 in Bangkok, Thailand.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 16 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.