1st Mega Food Park of Jharkhand inaugurated at Getalsud
The Jharkhand Mega Food Park is a public private partnership project under the aegis of the Mega Food Park Scheme of the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries.
The first Mega Food Park (MFP) of Jharkhand was on 15 February 2016 inaugurated at Getalsud village in Ranchi district. The MFP, named Jharkhand Mega Food Park, was inaugurated by Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal.
Features of Jharkhand Mega Food Park
• It was set up as a public private partnership (PPP) project under the aegis of the Mega Food Park Scheme (MFPS) of the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MFPI).
• It is promoted by M/s Jharkhand Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd. at an estimated cost of 114.73 crore rupees in an area of 51.50 Acres.
• It has Central Processing Centre (CPC) at Ranchi and six Primary Processing Centres (PPCs) are being set up at Lohardaga, Gumla, Hazaribagh, Belchampa, Domchach and Patratu to provide strong backward linkages.
• It will have facilities of Multi Chamber Cold Storage, Dry Warehouse, Vegetable Dehydration Line, modern Quality Control& Testing Laboratory and other processing facilities for fruits & vegetables.
• It will create a modern infrastructure for arresting post-harvest losses of horticultural and non-horticultural produce and provide impetus to the growth of food processing sector in Jharkhand.
• It will help in providing better prices to farmers, reduce wastage of perishables, add value to agricultural produce and create huge opportunities for entrepreneurship and employment for the youth of the State.
• It will benefit the people of Ranchi district and the people of nearby districts of Lohardaga, Gumla, Ramgarh, Garhwa, Koderma, & Hazaribagh etc.as well.
• It is expected to provide direct and indirect employment to about 6000 people and benefit about 25000-30000 farmers in its catchment area.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App