E-commerce giant Amazon on 5 December 2016 launched its global startup program named Launchpad in India. The Launchpad programme was launched with an aim to enable Indian startups to sell their products overseas.
In this regard, Amazon India tied up with Start Up India programme of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), NASSCOM's 10000 Startups, Indian Angel Network (IAN), NITI Aayog, Governments of Maharashtra, Telangana and TiE.
These tie-ups were made to roll in as many startups as it can.
Highlights of the Programme
• It aims to help startups to sell, market, and deliver their products to gain more visibility.
• It will provide an exceptional opportunity for Indian Startups to get access to big consumer markets nationally and internationally.
• Through this program, small entrepreneurs and innovators can use Amazon’s online platform to increase scale of their businesses and get easy access to global markets.
• Amazon is an American international electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United States.
• Founded in 1994 by Jeff Bezos, it is the world's largest online retailer.
• It entered into Indian e-commerce market in 2013 with the launch of its marketplace Amazon.in, offering books, movies and television shows for sale.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.