American Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr on 12 September 2015 announced retirement from the 19-year-long career in the ring.
He took the decision after the win against Andre Berto in the Welterweight World Championships held at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, the USA.
The present win was his 49th overall and he never lost a game since his first match in 1996.
With this win, he tied with the late heavyweight champion Rocky Marciano in terms of number of wins in the professional league.
Achievements of Floyd Mayweather Jr
• He is widely recognized as the best boxer of his generation and amongst the greatest fighters of all time.
• He is undefeated as a professional and is a five-division world champion, having won twelve world titles and the lineal championship in four different weight classes.
• He is a two-time Ring magazine Fighter of the Year (winning the award in 1998 and 2007)
• He won the Boxing Writers Association of America (BWAA) Fighter of the Year award in 2007, 2013 and the Best Fighter ESPY Award in 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
• His historic win against Manny Pacquiao in May 2015 considered as the fight of the century of boxing that fetched him 220 million US dollars.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Announced retirement
When: 12 September 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.