Anandi Ramalingam on 16 September 2016 assumed charge as functional/whole time director of Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
Ramalingam has assumed charge as Director Marketing. It is the first time that a woman has been appointed as the Director of the company.
Earlier, Ramalingam served as the General Manager heading the Military Communication Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at BEL's Bangalore Complex.
Ramalingam had joined BEL-Bengaluru in March 1985 after completing her BE in Electronics and Communication engineering from the PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
About Bharat Electronics Limited
• Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company with about nine factories in India.
• It is owned by the Indian Government.
• It primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces.
• It is one of nine PSUs under the Ministry of Defence of India.
• It has been accorded Navratna status by the Government of India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Anandi Ramalingam
When: 16 September 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.