Indian actor Anupam Kher’s 500th film ‘The Big Sick’ has been selected for world premier at the Sundance Film Festival, to be held in the United States from 19 January to 29 January 2017.
The Big Sick, which is an upcoming American romantic comedy film, has been directed by Michael Showalter. Apart from Kher, it stars stand-up comedians Kumail Nanjiani and Ray Romano and American actresses Holly Hunter and Zoe Kazan.
The screenplay has been written by Nanjiani himself along with his wife Emily V Gordon and it is based largely on their own relationship. The film traces the challenges faced by a Pakistani-born man (Nanjiani) and his American girlfriend (Kazan).
The news of the film’s selection for world premiere was confirmed by Anupam Kher himself through a tweet on his official twitter account. Along with congratulating the film’s producers for this feat, the veteran actor also praised his co-stars and expressed his joy in being a part of such a wonderful project.
About the Festival
• The event, organised by the Sundance Institute, is an annual American festival that takes place in Park City, Utah.
• It is the largest independent film festival, organised in the United States of America.
• It will witness over 46660 attendees.
• It will serve as a platform for American and foreign independent filmmakers to showcase their new work.
• It will feature competitive sections for feature films, short films as well as documentary films.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.