Anurag Tripathy appointed as Secretary of CBSE
Tripathy, an IRPS Officer, will serve the post for a period of five years.
Senior bureaucrat Anurag Tripathy was on 25 May 2017 appointed as the Secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Tripathy will serve the post for a period of five years.
Tripathy is a 1998 batch officer of Indian Railway personnel Service (IRPS).
About Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
• CBSE is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the Union Government.
• It affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), private schools and the other schools that have been approved by the Union Government.
• It is responsible for conducting the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year.
• It is also responsible for conducting JEE(Main) examination for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering and architecture.
• It also conducts the NEET-UG (Undergraduate) examination for MBBS and BDS courses.