Senior bureaucrat Anurag Tripathy was on 25 May 2017 appointed as the Secretary of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Tripathy will serve the post for a period of five years.
Tripathy is a 1998 batch officer of Indian Railway personnel Service (IRPS).
About Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
• CBSE is a Board of Education for public and private schools under the Union Government.
• It affiliates all Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), private schools and the other schools that have been approved by the Union Government.
• It is responsible for conducting the final examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 every year.
• It is also responsible for conducting JEE(Main) examination for admission to undergraduate courses in engineering and architecture.
• It also conducts the NEET-UG (Undergraduate) examination for MBBS and BDS courses.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.