Asha Bhosle awarded DIFF Lifetime Achievement Award 2014
Playback singer Asha Bhosle was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 11th Dubai International Film Festival held in Dubai.
Playback singer Asha Bhosle on 10 December 2014 was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 11th Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) held in Dubai. She received the award for her decades of dedication to Indian Film Industry.
Along with her, another Egyptian actor Nour El-Sherif was also received the DIFF Lifetime Achievement Award for his work on over 100 films, in a career spanning nearly five decades.
The DIFF Lifetime Achievement Award is dedicated to honour the world's greatest film actors, writers, directors and producers. Previous winners of the awards includes Martin Sheen, Omar Sharif, Faten Hamamah, Adel Imam, Jameel Rateb, Sabah, Morgan Freeman, Sean Penn, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Daoud Abdel Sayed, Youssef Chahine, Rachid Bouchareb, Yash Chopra, Subhash Ghai among others.
About Asha Bhosle
• Asha Bhosle was born in 1933 and started her career as playback singer in 1943.
• She has recorded more than 12000 songs and she is known for her versatility as a singer is it folk songs, Indian classical music, pop songs, ghazals and bhajans.
• She is noted as the most recorded artist in music history by the Guinness Book of World Records.
• She was also awarded the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2000 and the Padma Vibhushan 2008.
• In 2013, she made acting debut in the Mai movie at the age of 79 and played role of 65 years old-mother who suffers from Alzheimer's disease and is abandoned by her children.
About Dubai International Film Festival
The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) is the leading film festival started in 2004. The festival serves as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by leading the cinema movement in Gulf region.