Assam CM launches skill development training centres
The Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal has launched skill development training centres across the state in a programme organised by the Department of Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship in Guwahati.
The Chief Minister of Assam, Sarbananda Sonowal, launched skill development training centres across the state in a programme organised by the Department of Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship at Srimanta Sankardev Kalakshetra in Guwahati on 28 December 2017.
Speaking on the occasion, Sonowal stated that the knowledge and skill is must for socio-economic progress. He said that the state’s youth must give a new dimension to the pace of the state's development by acquiring knowledge and enhancing their skills.
Further, underlining the inherent advantage of Assam as a state brimming with youth power, the Chief Minister said that economic foundation of the state would be bolstered by skilled manpower.
• The Assam’s skill development centres aim to carry forward PM Narendra Modi’s vision for skilling the youth of the nation through 'Skill India' programme.
• The state government has already signed a MoU with the Government of Singapore under which a skill development centre having international standards would be set up in one of its cities, Mangaldoi.
• The centre would impart training to around 10000 of the state’s youth.
• Besides, the state government would also be setting up foreign language learning centres in the state, as a part of its effort to open new job opportunities for the youth abroad.
• The state would also impart training to around 1.5 lakh youth on various trades before 31 March 2018.