B N Mohapatra on 17 April 2017 took over as the new Financial Commissioner (FC) (Railways) and ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India.
The Financial Commissioner of Railways plays an important role in allocation of funds and for all expenses and revenues of the Railways.
About B N Mohapatra
• Born on 15 January 1958, B N Mohapatra is an officer of Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) of 1980 batch.
• He completed his graduation in LLB and post graduation in Political Science.
• During his career, he worked on various higher and middle level management posts in the Indian Railways.
• He worked in various capacities in Khurda Road, Chakradharpur, Kharagpur, Bilaspur Railway Divisions and also in South Eastern Railway Headquarters at Garden Reach, Kolkata.
• He was posted as Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) in Tinsukia Railway Division of North East Frontier Railway.
• He also worked as Executive Director (Establishment), Executive Director (Expenditure), and Advisor (Accounts) at Railway Board, New Delhi.
• From December 2015 to November 2016, he served as the additional General Manager of East Coast Railway.
Who: B N Mohapatra
When: 17 April 2017