China, on 2 May 2013, successfully launched a communications satellite called Zhongxing-11 from Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest Sichuan province. The satellite was launched into its present orbit from Long March-3B rocket. This marked the 176th launch of Long March series of rockets of China.
• Zhongxing-11 has the lift-off mass of approximately 5000 kg as well as design lifetime of more than 15 years.
• Zhongxing-11 is based on DFH-4 platform and is manufactured by China Academy of Space Technology.
• It features multiple high power fixed along with mobile beams as well as transponder switching capability.
• Its application is mainly to provide services for the commercial communications and broadcasting.
• The satellite is also responsible for meeting needs of digital broadband multimedia, streaming media for clients, Direct-to-Home as well as data transmission for the Asia-Pacific region.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.