Current Affairs in Short: 17 December 2019
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has created a matrimonial portal to help personnel to find a suitable match within the force.
ITBP launches a matrimonial portal for its staff
• The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) has created a matrimonial portal to help personnel to find a suitable match within the force.
• It is for the first time when any paramilitary force has taken such a step. ITBP has about 2500 unmarried men and 1000 women in various ranks.
• ITBP started this service because many personnel are deployed in remote areas and it has become very difficult for them to find a good match.
India-Nepal joint military exercise ‘Surya Kiran’ concludes
• The 'Surya Kiran' military exercise between India and Nepal concluded on December 16, 2019. It is an annual military exercise.
• About 300 soldiers from the Indian and Nepal armies took part in this year's 'Surya Kiran' exercise.
• The armies of both countries shared their prior experiences in retaliatory operations and counter-terrorism operations during this exercise.
No Charge on NEFT from January 01, 2020
• There will be no charge on National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) used for online fund transfer from January 1, 2020.
• As per the Reserve Bank of India, one can transfer Rs. 2 Lakh at a time.
• Now, money can be sent from any bank account of any branch to the bank account of any bank through this service.
Saudi Arabia wastes 260 kg food per household every year
• According to Saudi Arabia's Ministry of Environment, Water, and Agriculture, each household in Saudi Arabia wastes 260 kg of food annually compared to the global average of 115 kg.
• This is the highest rate in the world. According to the CSR report of 2017 in India, every year we waste as much UK eats.
• Millions of people in India are not getting enough food, on the other hand, thousands of tons of food is wasted.
Gully Boy out of Oscar 2020 race
• Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt starrer 'Gully Boy' is out of the race for the 92nd Oscar Award. 'Gully Boy', directed by Zoya Akhtar, also failed to make a place in the top 10 movies.
• Gully Boy was sent from India for the Best International Film category.
• The Academy shared a list of films that were short-listed on its Twitter handle but 'Gully Boy' was not included in this list.
Also Read | What is the difference between CAB and NRC?