Current Affairs in Short: 21 November 2022
Novak Djokovic claimed a record-equalling sixth ATP Finals Title by beating Casper Rudd to top a fantastic finish to the season for the Serb.
Novak Djokovic wins 2022 ATP Finals Title
- Novak Djokovic claimed a record-equalling sixth ATP Finals Title by beating Casper Rudd to top a fantastic finish to the season for the Serb.
- Novak Djokovic won 7-5, 6-3 to secure his first title at the event since 2015 and match Roger Federer’s record.
- The 35-year-old Djokovic, who had lost his two previous finals at the event, raised his arms and smiled broadly after sealing the match with an ace.
- Novak Djokovic also became the oldest champion at the prestigious year-end tournament and also earned the largest payday in Tennis history as he walked away with $4.5 million for claiming the ATP Finals Trophy.
International Film Festival of India
- The Indian Panorama at the International Film Festival of India in Goa opened on November 21, 2022.
- The Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur attended the opening ceremony. Notably, Vivek Agnihotri’s Kashmir Files and SS Rajamouli’s RRR will be screened in the Indian Panorama section.
- Indian Panorama films represent different languages, regions, and cultures of our diverse country. Malayalam, Hindi, Odia, Marathi, Mainpuri, English, and Maithili films have been selected this year in the segment.
- The jury members of the Feature Films and the non-feature films were also honored on the occasion. The cast and crew of the opening movie ‘Hadinelentu’.
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman starts pre-budget consultations
- The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman started her pre-budget 2023 consultations with the first group of leaders from Industry and the experts in Infrastructure and Climate Change on November 21, 2022.
- The meetings were held virtually and Union Ministers of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary, Bhagwat Krishnarao Karad, and other senior officials also attended the meeting.
- The participants gave suggestions on the 2023-24 Budget, which will be presented in Parliament by the Finance Minister on February 1, 2022.
Jio receives Company Tribunal’s Approval to acquire reliance Infratel
- The National Company Law Tribunal gave its approval to Jio for the acquisition of Reliance Infratel (RITL).
- The tribunal asked Jio to deposit Rs. 3,270 crores in the State Bank of India escrow account to complete the acquisition of RCOM’s tower and fibre assets.
- Billionaire Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani-led Jio placed a bid of Rs. 3,720 in November 2019 to acquire tower and fibre asset of the debt-ridden subsidiary of his younger brother Anil Ambani-managed firm Reliance Communications.
- The Committee of Creditors has already approved the resolution plan by Jio on March 4, 2020, with a 100 percent vote.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS