27 July 2017: The one liner of 27 July covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like Appointment of new Bihar Governor, Trump’s ban on transgender individuals from military service and Approval of Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017 among others.
• Nitish Kumar on 27 July 2017 took oath as Chief Minister of Bihar with the support of - BJP
• Nitish Kumar has resigned as the Chief Minister of Bihar by submitting his resignation to the Governor of the state. Governor of the state is - Keshri Nath Tripathi
• The count of tigers in Uttarakhand rose to 242 with an increase of 63 big cats in the year 2017. With this, Uttarakhand became second highest in India in terms of tiger count. The state that stands on the top position in terms of tiger count is – Karnataka
• The ocean in which a group of scientists recently discovered a new species of glow-in-the-dark shark is - Pacific Ocean
• The Codex Alimentarius Commission recently adopted three Codex standards for three spices. They are - black, white and green pepper, cumin and thyme
• Renowned politician Dharam Singh recently passed away in Bengaluru. He had served as the Chief Minister of – Karnataka
• The country that will host the 2018 AFC U-19 Championship is - Indonesia
• This country’s President has banned transgender individuals from serving in the military – The United States of America
• This bill seeks to empower the Centre to collect statistical data from Jammu and Kashmir - Collection of Statistics (Amendment) Bill, 2017
• This bill ensure a minimum wage across all sectors by integrating four labour related laws – New Wage Code Bill
• The AAI has signed a deal with this state’s government to help develop its civil aviation sector- Uttarakhand
• This Indian state has successfully brought down child trafficking rate from 40 percent to 5 percent – Maharashtra
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.