21 December 2017: The one liner of 21 December covers important current happenings that are relevant to competitive exams. The day’s one liners cover important happenings like Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill 2017, India’s US$ 125 million worth finance agreement and India’s MoU with Myanmar over Rohingya Muslims among others.
• This state’s government has approved the setting up of ‘cow protection committees - Uttar Pradesh
• The Lok Sabha passed this bill amending regulations governing compensation amount payable for acquisition of immovable property by the central government for defence and security purposes -The Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property (Amendment) Bill, 2017
• India has signed a MoU with this nation to develop Rakhine state, to enable safe return of Rohingya Muslims - Myanmar
• He resigned as the Chairperson of National Green Tribunal on 19 December 2017 - Justice Swatanter Kumar
• Indian army conducted a major exercise called 'Hamesha Vijayee' in this state - Rajasthan
• This nation announced its intention of hosting a meeting of WTO member nations in Feb 2018 to garner support for issues like food security - India
• The Indian navy conducted bilateral military exercise ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’ with this nation’s naval force - Oman
• India has signed a financial agreement for a skill strengthening project with this International financial institution - World Bank
• The lawmakers of this nation voted to remove presidential age limits, paving way for their current President to serve a sixth term in office - Uganda
• Indian navy completed the 2nd phase of joint oceanographic survey with this country’s naval force - Sri Lanka
• This Judicial member has been appointed as the acting chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT), following Justice Swatanter Kumar’s superannuation - Justice U D Salvi
• This bill has been passed by both the houses of the Parliament, as of 19 December 2017 - The Companies (Amendment) Bill, 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.